A resort massage can be a great highlight to an already terrific vacation. A far cry from the chaotic reality of the metropolis, the calming ambience of a vacation resort can do wonders for your stressed-out mental and physical state. And an excellent way to maximize a vacation trip is to top it off with a relaxing and comforting massage.
It is true that a good massage session largely depends on the skills and expertise of a massage therapist. However, it is significant to know that the massage client also plays a role in making the massage a truly blissful experience.
To get the most out of your massage session, here are some massage tips that you can follow:
– Drink plenty of water before and after your massage session. This will enhance the benefits of a massage therapy.
– Don’t eat for at least an hour before and after a massage session. If you must, opt for light crackers or snacks instead of a full heavy meal.
– Don’t be late for your massage appointment. You need time to cool down and relax before your session. Arrive minutes early to give yourself time to enjoy the sauna or steam bath that the resort’s massage center may have.
– If you’re not comfortable about doing the massage in nude, be sure to speak up. It’s important that you feel comfortable during the session. Don’t be shy to talk to the therapist about it.
– Don’t hesitate to talk to the therapist about other issues you might have like what amount of pressure or speed of movement you’re comfortable in. Discuss your preferences regarding room temperature, type of music or lighting to ensure that you get the best massage experience.
– It’s okay to have a few chit-chats with the therapist if that is what you like. But don’t feel obliged to open a conversation when you’d rather sleep or indulge in the massage silently.
– Loosen up during the massage. Tightened-up muscles are more difficult to relieve.
– Relax. Don’t think about the load of laundry waiting for you at home or the deadline that your monstrous boss has been bugging you about all week. The key to having an enjoyable massage is to let your mind rest. Imagine yourself in a tranquil place while enjoying the sensual pleasure of touch on your skin.
– Do not get off the massage table right away if you feel light headed or a little dizzy after the session. Allow for some quiet time to cool down and rest.
– Give the massage therapist a 15% tip if you’re please with the service.
It’s not a surprise that many people adore getting a massage. Not only is it an efficient way to rest and relax, it is also highly beneficial. And so that you are able to get the best massage experience even when you’re in a vacation is to find a skilful massage therapist and to follow these simple but useful massage tips.